Traineeship and Work Placement Course
What's it all about?
The Traineeship Programme is perfect for young people looking for a taste of what the real working world is like whilst building complimentary creative skills in an exciting 26 week work placement. Combining a unique opportunity in the workplace and the tailored support offered at college, this is the chance to put yourself at the front of the queue for a truly rewarding career.
During your initial induction you will get work ready and build a foundation of skills to support you in the workplace. Once in placement you will be supported in the workplace with regular tutor visits. College sessions will include industry speakers and skills workshops in a range of creative industry skills areas.
What will I do?
• Complete a paid work placement with an exciting employer over 26 weeks
• Visit a variety of creative businesses and employers
• Work with industry specialists
• Have access to SABA's music and media and resources to develop your creative knowledge and skills
• Develop a range of employability skills including CV writing, working to briefs, understanding eployer mindsets, creative thinking, collaboration, and workplace digital skills
What will I achieve?
• Receive a certificate of completion for the Traineeship
• A Level 1 or 2 in Maths (if not previously attained)
• Accredited and recognised qualification in Employability Skills
• Accredited and recognised vocational qualification
• Earn money for each day you are with an employer
• Progress to an Apprenticeship, a vocational course or to employment in a variety of roles